“Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.”
This is a very important part of self defense. Know your strengths and your weaknesses or your attacker will have an advantage over you.
I guarantee your attacker is looking for your weakness and when he finds them he will have a way to get to you.
We talked about looking for weaknesses in your surroundings, places where you could be attacked, ambushed.
Now look for things in you that someone could take advantage of.
If you are aware of those you will be able to see if someone is trying to take advantage of you. Give yourself an honest assessment. Look at yourself in the mirror with critical eyes. If you are having a difficult time doing this, ask a good friend to help you.
· What are you capable to do physically (size, age, physical abilities, injuries)
· What are you willing to do, this can be very different than what you are able to do
· Do you leave your purse unattended
· Do you walk around engrossed in a phone conversation or with headphones on
· Do you flash expensive things/ money around
· Do you have “buttons” to push that are easy to see
· Do you give away too much information to stranger or casual acquaintances
· Are you predictable
· Do you leave your front door unlocked
· Do you get intoxicated in public places
· Do you walk in dangerous places late at night all by yourself
· Do you have a Superman syndrome, think you are indestructible
· Do you deny bad things can happen
When you find your weaknesses either make sure you correct them or that no one is able to use them against you.
Be smart, stay safe!!!